Friday 28 November 2014

Luck Versus Hope

                                                         

Day started with login to my system at office. Unable to connect to Skype :(
After seeing these words, got upset as Skype is the only way for communication at office.
Immediately raised request for help. Guys from IT had come to resolve the issue and I had to restart my system. See the luck or bad luck, my system didn't respond and after checking we got to know hard disk got crashed. Can you imagine I had lost all of my data which was a storage of more than 3 years and no back up :( :(

I got shocked, Oh My God, what will I do now. Something very precious had gone completely in a sudden. How can it be possible? I was unable to digest it as I was standing in front of my PC. They were operating it, trying many times so that at least one time if it starts, we can take back up. 

Again and again I was looking upon my system on which I used to work everyday.
How can all the data go like that, No, it cant be possible, it can come back, it has to come again. I have done lot of work and prepared imp docs and saved them. I was very helpless at that time and asked them please do something. I cant loose my all data. One of them said a line which pushed me to write this article. Now you all will be thinking what was that, what he said??

The sentence was - "Don't keep hope".

I felt very bad hearing this as all of my hard work and imp data is going away from my hands and as we know there could be a chance of backing it up again and someone who can recover and try it, is saying not to keep hope. Strange..!!

Don't know what was the reason but I was unable to accept that I cant get my data back. My heart was saying your data will be back, don't worry Akanksha - "keep hope".

I said sorry but I am keeping hope that you can do it and pull my data back. He promised me that he will look into it seriously and will try his best. He went and tried again and pinged me that sorry this is the 3rd case, we are loosing all data due to crash its bad luck and please don't keep any hope now.

Can you guys imagine after hearing this also, my heart was not giving me permission to accept it. It was still saying it can be done as Hope is the only reason to live a life happily. Helped a senior guy in that team to keep me hope back as they can still try and make my hope as real.

Suddenly @3PM, prompted a ping on my screen, please come and have your data...

I was very happy to see my data again. It was like a gift for me without my birthday :)
It compelled me to say again - "If  you have hope and courage in your heart, you can fight alone".

Now what would you say - Its a hope or its a luck which worked??

Was it my bad day to start with system crash or a good day ending with smile with some hope again :) :)

                                                                                                                    By Akanksha Jain !!

2 comments :

  1. It was nice to read after writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know it is luck or hope but ask your IT team not to repeat this in future and take back up of every system as per policy

    ReplyDelete